The performance improvement services provided by Practus assisted the global FMCG company in setting up processes and systems to distinguish between good and below-average distributors on parameters other than pure sales.
|Client Name||ROI||Industry||Ownership||Management||No. of Employees||Size||Project Duration|
|A Global FMCG Company||5X||Consumer|
|MNC||Professional||~1000||$4.8 billion||3 months|
About The Company
ABPL is a subsidiary of one of the world’s top FMCG firms, with over 35 brands spanning 20 different categories and an 83-years presence in India.
- Distributor evaluation and rating system designed to rank the company’s distributors based on financial, operational, management, and reputational qualities.
- Analyzing the business cycle and keeping track of the distributor’s return on investment.
- Set up methods and processes to distinguish between good and bad distributors based on criteria other than pure sales.
- Assistance in improved collection cycles.
- Process for identifying and deciding which distributors to invest in for future growth and development.
- Distributors that do well will be compensated – increased sales and revenue.
- Report on steps to be made with non-performing or risky distributors in order to minimize future business losses.