Practus’ assisted the IT product company in improving enterprise valuation by 730% and reducing TAT for monthly MIS to investors from 16 days to 5 days.
|Client Name||Industry||Ownership||Management||No. of Employees||Size||Project Duration|
|IT Product Company||IT Services||Private, PE Backed||Promoter Driven||~100||$2 million||5 Years|
About The Company
HTP Tech is a SaaS-based/ IT products company catering to brokerages, financial institutions, mutual funds, hedge funds, and private equity funds. HTP provides real-time financial news, updates and price data analytics to help stock dealers make informed buy and sell decisions. Practus was invited to play a CFO role after Series A funding.
- Full time CFO.
- Handheld HTP Tech through 4 rounds of fund raise, supporting all due diligence required.
- Transition from pre-product development stage to cash break even.
- Monitored cash burn and provided rolling 12 week cash forecast.
- Built scenario modelling to access impact of alternative sales monetization strategies.
- Created end-to-end ESOP for KMP and employees.
- Track cash burn against funds received in the 4th round of fund raise.
- Reduced TAT for monthly MIS to investors from 16 days to 5 days.
- Achieved cash break in 36 months (Budget: 44 months) through tight monitoring of productivity of product development costs.
- Assisted in improving enterprise valuation by 730% in 3 years and in providing full/partial exits to the early stage investor.
- Saved $450k in costs through effective vendor negotiations and the efficient management of the transfer pricing tax exposure.
- Reduced dilution to founders and Series A/B Investors by ~6% through active involvement in obtaining competing sheets from prospective Series C investors.
- Vendor negotiations for cost cutting, reduced costs by 40%.