Practus assisted SSA Steel in improving the quality of its output for exports.
|No. of Employees
|SSA Steel Ltd
|Mining & Metals
About The Company
SSA Steel is a fully integrated flat carbon steel manufacturer – from iron ore to ready-to-market products – with a current capacity of 10 million tons per annum (MTPA). Its manufacturing facility comprises ore beneficiation, pellet making, iron making, steel making, and downstream facilities, including cold rolling mill, galvanizing, pre-coated facility, steel processing facility, extra wide plate mill, and a pipe mill.
- Environmental and forest clearances, boundary management issues, legal cases including in the National Green Tribunal, the problem of water connection, the hostility of locals, NGOs, and the media, public relations.
- Worked with essentially the company’s existing team to make things happen, with little enforcement.
- Leading the team from the front, motivating them through performance by example.
- The National Green Tribunal had halted further construction of the plant, went about finding out the real reason for the stay, resolved all complaints, and ensured that the stay was lifted.
- Came up with innovative solutions to problems and worked with the technical team to ensure consistency and efficiency in quality for meeting export specifications.
- Production bottlenecks were identified and streamlined, ensuring the safety of the ground staff.
- Identifying areas of support that the team needed and ensuring that they were made available.
- The plant was commissioned within one year.
- Created a robust technical team with knowledge of all internal controls.
- Streamlined the quality output for exports..
- The cost of transportation of Ore was reduced to $xx per ton from $xxxx per ton, giving a robust boost in cost efficiencies by operational turnaround.
- Harmonized plant functioning and all possible bottlenecks eliminated.
- Identified all areas in need of support and created a support structure for the team.